Sunday, November 12, 2017

The Road Goes Ever On And On


Hello fellow Tolkien fans, and welcome to Middle-earth Dispatches! This is a blog dedicated to discussing all things Middle-earth and to delving deeper into the incredible world and mythology created by J.R.R. Tolkien and now given extended life by films, games, toys, and millions of fans. I am a life-long fan of Tolkien's work, and really, this blog is my attempt to create the kind of Middle-earth content I'm always trying to fine more of online. I have big plans for this site, but it is definitely a work in progress, so please bear with me as I slowly start to crank out essays, reviews, Q&A's, and even a piece of short fiction here and there.

This isn't my first Tolkien-related blog. Following the announcement that the Hobbit movies were going to become a reality, I created a Hobbit news and discussion blog called In a Hole in the Ground. It hasn't received much attention from me since The Battle of the Five Armies was released (though you should of course feel free to check it out), but I had a blast writing and talking about Middle-earth for three years, and I'm excited to take everything I learned about creating and maintaining a website and applying it to this new endeavor.

So what do I envision for this new blog? First, I see it as a one-stop-shop for any and all Middle-earth related news, whether it's about Tolkien's books; the LOTR and Hobbit films; old, current, or up-coming games; and toys and collectibles. Second, I want to create a site that contains links to all of the interesting Middle-earth content I stumble across online––you'd be amazed at the fascinating Tolkien stuff floating around on the web, and I want to make a convenient link library so that anyone can access it all. Finally, and most importantly, I want to produce a series of short essays that answer questions I or others have about Tolkien's vast mythology.

So welcome to Middle-earth Dispatches. I'm excited to get started, and I hope you'll keep coming back to get your weekly (or daily if you want) Tolkien fix.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment